Geography - Environmental change and management on the coast - Redhead Beach (Stage 5)
Students investigate the issues at Redhead Beach (natural and human) and the management of this environment. Students collect information on the biophysical environment through the completion of data collection and measurement including the use of GPS. Students investigate natural and human impacts at this coastal environment, examine management in place and propose potential management of issues.
• Examination of history at this location and how this impacts today
• Examination and measurement of coastal processes (biophysical factors)
• Walk of area to survey human impacts, issues, management
• Stakeholder analysis
• Identification of management strategies in a coastal environment
• Use of specialist fieldwork equipment and technology (including GPS)
For further information on curriculum links, program and excursion information open the program overview or contact us.